Dr. Adam Chapnick was born to be a dentist.
After attending the University of Western Ontario for three years studying honours level kinesiology,Dr. Chapnick was accepted to the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine. In that first year, he received his introduction to dentistry and completed his Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from the University of Western Ontario. During his years as a dental student he served as secretary, vice president and president of the Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity, student chapter.
Dr. Chapnick continued his training in a general practice residency at the Montifiore Medical Centre in the Bronx, New York. There he gained experience in hospital-based dentistry dealing with emergencies and honing his skill in all aspects of the profession.
In 1998, Dr. Chapnick began his affiliation with the Chapnick Dental Office and became the principal dentist in 2001.
Over the past 12 years, he has maintained his family’s tradition of professionalism and dedication to continuing education, expanding his post-graduate training at the world-renowned Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies.
He has devoted time with educational talks to adults and children of all ages as well as volunteering, including:
- Giving educational talks at his eldest daughter’s school
- Providing dental education to leaders of the early childhood education program in Barrie
- Speaking to high school graduates on career choices
- Participating in a two-week overseas volunteer program for underprivileged Arab and Israeli children
- Leading local discussion groups on dental health for diabetics
- Giving discussions on the use of snoring appliances to younger dentists and stakeholders at the Royal Victoria Hospital
Dr. Chapnick is a member in good standing of the:
- Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Canadian Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Ontario Dental Association
- American Academy of Dental Sleep medicine
His affiliation with the Academy for Sports Dentistry led to his providing treatment for members of the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball club in the clubhouse and in private practice.
Dr. Chapnick is a member in good standing of the Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity. He has provided reviews of recently published dental text books and has attended numerous international conventions of the fraternity.
He has been a member of Toronto Implant Study Club for the past six years discussing all aspects of dental implant-related treatment. He was invited by the 3I dental implant companies to attend their international symposium where the most up-to-date research on implant dentistry is presented and discussed by the foremost experts in the world.
Dr. Chapnick is also a certified Lumineers® dentist, which allows him to provide the most modern esthetic and smile design therapy.
Dr Chapnick maintains residences in both Barrie with his partner Wendy and is a dedicated father to his two daughters.
He enjoys many sporting activities but in particular basketball and racing his motorcycle when time permits.